• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Line manufacturers

Mike hemming

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
So here we go again ,rovex line getting hard to get some say its same as suffex but I dont think so because I find suffex snaps very easy when tightening knots ,line seems to go in different fads each year ,know one realy seems to no were there line is made and by who ,line manufacturers seem to flood the market for a couple of years then all of a sudden disappear, iv completely gone over to yuki line for my reels ,rigs ,leaders ,hook lengths ,why because I'm sick n tired of manufacturers coming and going so I'm sticking to the one brand ,what's your thoughts about it

So here we go again ,rovex line getting hard to get some say its same as suffex but I dont think so because I find suffex snaps very easy when tightening knots ,line seems to go in different fads each year ,know one realy seems to no were there line is made and by who ,line manufacturers seem to flood the market for a couple of years then all of a sudden disappear, iv completely gone over to yuki line for my reels ,rigs ,leaders ,hook lengths ,why because I'm sick n tired of manufacturers coming and going so I'm sticking to the one brand ,what's your thoughts about it
Many lines are made in few places! Rovex pretty sure is made in China now it's similar to Suffix tritanium well old version newer version is like Rovex as weight of spool for distance has changed from old Tritanium ie 1/4K got 1000m now 1100m so mixtures changed.
Suffix is/was a Gardener brand seem to remember if right gone to either Jardine or PF's main brand who have been sold off it seems last year.

Have some big spools of rovex 10x here not used if others are in market for

Tackle in general is a bit of a minefield and as mentioned above there's lots of brands but few actual manufacturers. Isn't Suffix is part of the Shimano portfolio? I'm pretty sure that Gardner had lines like Silk Shock and Hydroflo made to their specs by Suffix.....Rovex was distributed by Masterline (Ryobi/Jarvis Walker) but I think they've shut down? Whether that's for good or not I'm not sure.....Shakespeare used to have a plant close to me in Fleetwood but that closed when K2 /Jardin sold to the PureFishing group...it's hard to keep up with the business shenanigans of the shrinking tackle trade!

Tackle in general is a bit of a minefield and as mentioned above there's lots of brands but few actual manufacturers. Isn't Suffix is part of the Shimano portfolio? I'm pretty sure that Gardner had lines like Silk Shock and Hydroflo made to their specs by Suffix.....Rovex was distributed by Masterline (Ryobi/Jarvis Walker) but I think they've shut down? Whether that's for good or not I'm not sure.....Shakespeare used to have a plant close to me in Fleetwood but that closed when K2 /Jardin sold to the PureFishing group...it's hard to keep up with the business shenanigans of the shrinking tackle trade!
Plus, as I've mentioned before, a tackle dealer told me that there are thousands of containers mainly from China awaiting customs clearance due to Covid19, so that is probably why we are seeing some brands disappearing - stock has run out.

That's true Trampster and it's an issue with all kinds of items not just the relative small fry of the tackle trade

I use Daiwa Sensor for main line and hook leaders with Drennan shock leader. Never had a problem with them.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back