• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Inline lures?

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hello lads custards bought me 2 x western inline lures 24 grm in natural sand eel colour as a daft present? She must be after something 🤔.
My question is has any one on here used inline lures and had any results I've had most of my catches on soft plastics.

Attachments

• 1000015449.jpg
    1000015449.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 10
1728052509838.png
western inline
Westin Stevie.I have one of their rods a Westin W6 Finesse T&C.Cannot help with the above but do have some Savage Gear 3D Line thru lures similar to the Westin that I haven't got round to using.

Last edited:
Hello lads custards bought me 2 x western inline lures 24 grm in natural sand eel colour as a daft present? She must be after something 🤔.
My question is has any one on here used inline lures and had any results I've had most of my catches on soft plastics.
I think the concept of inline lures is that when sea trout fishing in the Baltic, the fish jump and thrash about but the lure slides up the line rather than being flicked out. They certainly work for bass but beware the possibility of the leader being damaged by rubbing on the entrance hole of the lure.

Yes had success with sg inline sandeels amongst others. They give you a better chance of landing sea trout or any other acrobatic fish

I've never caught a sea trout before.where I fish I've seen fish jumping out the water when it's been flat calm chucked a lure where they've jumped but never had anything.

I've never caught a sea trout before.where I fish I've seen fish jumping out the water when it's been flat calm chucked a lure where they've jumped but never had anything.
Caught sea trout and rainbows on the old Devon Minnow in the 60's , a very similar concept for a lure as above.

I tend to use double split rings to hold the trebles on an lure that picks up sewin
My old man used to rig his tobies a bit like an assist rig when he fished for salmon because he reckoned that the rear "wings" of the toby provided leverage for fish to unhook itself.

My old man used to rig his tobies a bit like an assist rig when he fished for salmon because he reckoned that the rear "wings" of the toby provided leverage for fish to unhook itself.
Pretty sure I've read that Hugh Falkus was of the same opinion. I've never had any problems with gobies myself.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back