• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Hopton beach Norfolk

OldGreyDog

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
We are having a few days awol at Hopton soon and i’m aiming to have a little go chucking lures in the water. Is it worth trying around the stone breakwaters for bass? From the usual online maps it looks as though its worth a try - i’m thinking seekers, weighted soft lures unless its unusually calm.

I don't fish that particular stretch of the coast, but have a few mates that fish Lowestoft and further south. There's plenty coming out to bait at the minute, some nice bass and plenty of thornback rays.
I have seen the odd report on other forums from people lire fishing the Norfolk coast, but I think they seem to venture further north where the water has a amount of clarity.
I'd guess hopton will be quite coloured, not sure how much that will impact lure fishing?

I don't fish that particular stretch of the coast, but have a few mates that fish Lowestoft and further south. There's plenty coming out to bait at the minute, some nice bass and plenty of thornback rays.
I have seen the odd report on other forums from people lire fishing the Norfolk coast, but I think they seem to venture further north where the water has a amount of clarity.
I'd guess hopton will be quite coloured, not sure how much that will impact lure fishing?
Thank you. Coloured water and lure fishing - not a good match…

We are having a few days awol at Hopton soon and i’m aiming to have a little go chucking lures in the water. Is it worth trying around the stone breakwaters for bass? From the usual online maps it looks as though its worth a try - i’m thinking seekers, weighted soft lures unless its unusually calm.
Did you have any luck? I heading over there in a few weeks and I'm hoping to get into some bass, I did alright further north at caister

Only got an hour in chucking a seeker’ in the vegetable soup (water) on our last evening there - blanked as expected. Going back for a week at the beginning of October, hopefully there might be one or two still about!

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back