• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Hayling Island

Anthony

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I am fishing Hayling Island next week for Bass or Smooth hounds Langstone harbour or off the beach.Any body doing any good please let me know. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks Anthony

Had a few hounds a couple of weeks ago but not sure what's been caught since. I don't like sharing my results as I'm sure the netters watch social media . Around the same time I had good size bream at aldwick and someone posted their catch and the netters got on it and now only seem to get small ones.

Ive fished hayling 4 times in the last month and been doing ok, though its definitely slowed up the last 2 weekends. Myself and a mate fished last night . We had half a dozen small bream, a doggy, a strap , 3 hounds to 7lb and dropped another hound. 90% of the hounds I've had during the last 4 visits have been either bang on high or low tide. 1 caught on crab and the rest king prawn. Been fishing the area by the Nab Car park.

Had a few hounds a couple of weeks ago but not sure what's been caught since. I don't like sharing my results as I'm sure the netters watch social media . Around the same time I had good size bream at aldwick and someone posted their catch and the netters got on it and now only seem to get small ones.
Yes the netters are a problem they should be banned only Reform seem bothered about our country and sea.

Ive fished hayling 4 times in the last month and been doing ok, though its definitely slowed up the last 2 weekends. Myself and a mate fished last night . We had half a dozen small bream, a doggy, a strap , 3 hounds to 7lb and dropped another hound. 90% of the hounds I've had during the last 4 visits have been either bang on high or low tide. 1 caught on crab and the rest king prawn. Been fishing the area by the Nab Car park.
Yes the netters are a problem they should be banned only Reform seem bothered about our country and sea.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back