• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Had an opportunity today to fish

Dutchman

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Well as the title says.
Went for hair cut (booked a couple of weeks ago as thought going for knee op on 4th and would be fked for a while) and as it was 1 hr before high tide and the mackies are in feathered a rod up and into car, put a set of fishing clothes in, as could not go to barbers dressed rough.
Thought would get to end of prom and hop over wall and fish off the top there as easiest place.
Rain had started but not enough to dampen my spirits.
:unsure: Do i take the bucket to just drop them into or not!
No simple if they there i will just pop over wall for it.
Few casts and nothing, saw some bait fish in sea but not massed.
Moved to beach as a few gulls there but again a few casts and nothing.
If not caught after a few casts i move.
So saw loads of gulls flying past so back to car and try a bit further closer to town.
Second cast and bang! know i am into something, but no need to strike, its hooked.
Landed perfectly and photo taken.

1727281690310.png

Looks like a sand smelt to me, did it smell of cucumber.?

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back