• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Wales Gower surf

nearly70ty

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Hi Gents,
After a difficult time losing my fishing partner and special friend, motivating my self to get out fishing had proved to be bridge to far.
But last night I managed to fish my favorite Gower surf beach fishing from 9pm to 2 am. I had dug bait the day before and plenty of them, but really small, ending up putting two or three on a hook to try and get a decent mouthful. I was trying out a new Rod an 13 ft Anyfish Anywhere four and bait teamed up with a akios 656 shuttle. The other rod old faithfull Cono Flatie Fanatic and a Penn mag.

The first cast with the new rod wasn't a great sucsess, I turned the mags full on or so I thought but instead I turned them full off, resulting in an all mighty birdie, a lost trace and a lot of line. Couldn't be bothered loading on more line so wrapped it for a Daiwa fixed spool.

The first hour was quite with difficult conditions the line being swept to the left in a cross wind around 15 mph. This dropped off prety soon afterwards and it turned into a very memorable night. The rods started tapping after an hour and a half and continued through the rest of the night. The culprits where small schoolie bass in the 6 to 8 onz range I did manage a small flounder that gave a hell of a bite on the super sensitive Flattie Fanatic tip.

Final total for me was 12 baslets, and 1 flounder, what really made the night memorable was the cloudless star covered sky, all the constelations were there for you to marvel at and two really big shootting stars that were so big you claerly seen them breaking up as they hit the atmosphere, it was like my mate was reminding me he was keeping an eye on me.

Tight lines gents enjoy your fishing.

Sorry to hear about your mate always hard to get back on track after something like that, you done the right thing getting back out fishing helps clear the mind a bit. Fishing wise thanks for the report sounds like you had a good evening except for the birdie. How was the new rod? Look forward to seeing more reports from you in the future.

Stay safe and tight lines.

Great report mate, shame about your fishing buddy though. You gave it a go, long may you continue. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back