• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Good session

John Mitchell

Reaction score
I went to our local coast to try for a few wrasse , the thought was fish for what’s there and not isn’t there .
I picked up a few worms and off I went , it was a fairly long walk through grass which no one has been through for a long time . Not good for my hay fever .
Set up with a 3/0 hook rig with a rotten bottom, good job for the rotten bottom as I lost 4 leads , first cast lobbed it out 30 yards bang fish right away , I must of had 20 wrasse biggest was weighed and went 3lb . Here are pictures IMG_1272.jpegIMG_1267.jpegIMG_1266.jpegIMG_1254.jpegIMG_1250.jpegIMG_1263.jpegIMG_1261.jpega few pictures of the prettiest ones .

I have had 4 schoolies from around Plymouth so far , so it’s my earliest bass on lures for me ever . How you getting on .
Glad your season has started. Mine has been a bit of struggle, fish turned up late at my reef and estuary marks, but, still aren’t there in numbers🤷‍♂️

Well done John! Good report and some nice Wrasse photos. 🎣🎣👍👍

I've been meaning to send you a message to see how you are, but just haven't got a round tuit! Hope all is OK.

Glad your season has started. Mine has been a bit of struggle, fish turned up late at my reef and estuary marks, but, still aren’t there in numbers🤷‍♂️
I like the open coast but that don’t normally start till about august / September, but the open coast is good for wrasse , and I always take my lure rod and a box of lures , just in case

Nice one John, lovely Wrasse and pics mate.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back