• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast DO NOT SLIP! Bass and Bream Bonanza!

DJDBazzer

Reaction score
Hi all.
I headed to Worbarrow Bay on Saturday to fish from the tout, a precarious fishing mark on the Lulworth ranges.
I arrived at 9am and scrambled my way around the bay, taking extra care on the weed covered rocks.
There was a bit of colour in the water but not too much to put off 1 of my targets, bream!
Within 15 mins I had a bream rig at range and a float bobbing around off the end of the tout hoping to tempt a gar or mackerel.
First chuck of the lure rod and I hooked in to this beauty off a bass, it smashed the lure just below my feet in a turbulent back wash, just where you'd expect a bass to be hunting.
Within the next couple of hours I managed to land 4 bass, with the biggest just over 3lbs.
It was then time for bream! Just before high tide, I managed to hook in to my first bream of the day, a stunning male.
Shortly after I unintentionally returned the bream, a female took a liking to my bait, however, this one was not as fortunate and went back to the van for dinner.
Aswell as the above, I also managed to lose another bream and a gar, but did land a nice kelp pout and a blenny? I think...
Anyway, here are some shots, and a video of the day.
Cracking day to be out, I will be back soon!

gpMediaMetadata_1727545727348.jpg
gpMediaMetadata_1727545827795.jpg
gpMediaMetadata_1727546040875.jpg
1000049869.jpg

Great report Bazzer, some very nice fish too mate. Stunning pics as well. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Nice Bass & Bream Dave! Well done! 🎣🎣👍👍

Way behind (again) with Youtube - will try to catch the video later.

Nice read, well done on the different spikey's👍

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back