• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Diary Of An Addict

CKB

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
🐟. 🦑
Since returning from Norway, I have been ill and catching up on work, living like a bit of a night owl, which isn’t unusual for me. My mate Chris popped round for a cuppa around 7:30pm, he’d just finished his annual trip lure fishing here. He mentioned that he’d thought about heading down the harbour, but had changed his mind. It lit a fuse in my mind, and I ended up grabbing one light rod and a bunch of squid jigs, and headed down the hill.

First cast I was into a squid, and my third cast, magic. Only little ones. That then went a little quiet and I decided to get a few scad for the freezer, with winter tope and conger in mind. They were jumping everywhere, the sea was alive. To my surprise I started hooking some pretty chunky mackerel. That’s a first for me on a small 12g metal after dark. I had 3 mackerel amongst the scad and dropped one lifting it up, or because my rusty VMC treble hook is now down to 2 prongs instead of 3.

Quite happy with may haul in 1.5 hours (see image 2), I put the net away and thought about heading up the hill. This is where the last cast mentality set in. I had to have a last chuck. The squid were back. I then lost another two trying to handline them up the wall. They were nice sizes and one clever devil used its suction cups to stick to the wall and shimmy the jig off. That’s it I thought, I had to go and fetch the net from the shore again, what an idiot for putting it away. 🙈

I carried on casting and began getting more and more, including some good sizes. Eventually after two biteless casts I jacked it in. 1-2 hours had become 4 hours, and it was after 2am. Forearm aching I trudged back to civilisation, I mean the plateau that Sark’s living dwellings are on and began the vacuum packing.

What a night!!!

IMG_1246.jpeg
IMG_1218.jpeg
1A9431E5-7239-4B6F-A385-CF191AEE2E31.jpeg
IMG_1244.jpeg
IMG_1219.jpeg
IMG_1247.jpeg
IMG_1266.jpeg
IMG_1259.jpeg

Thanks for reading.
Chris
Atlantic Drift Fishing

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back