• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

East Anglia Dave Brown (Breakaway Tackle) RIP.

concrete

Reaction score
Not a catch report I’m afraid, but I’ve just found out Dave lost his battle with cancer. I’m sure many on here will have had dealings with him over the past god knows how many years.

Not sure if the Breakaway tackle shop that @concrete mentioned is the same company as the online Breakaway site?

I've ordered quite a bit from Breakaway online (casting cannons, filleting knife, mono line etc.) and whenever there was a question, it's always been a guy called Norman who has contacted me - another great guy, thought he was the boss?

Not sure if the Breakaway tackle shop that @concrete mentioned is the same company as the online Breakaway site?

I've ordered quite a bit from Breakaway online (casting cannons, filleting knife, mono line etc.) and whenever there was a question, it's always been a guy called Norman who has contacted me - another great guy, thought he was the boss?
The shop is owned by Norman Bickers the founder of Breakaway tackle, Dave was the manager of the shop.
Breakaway Tackle helped change beach fishing into what we know today..
Have a read of this https://www.breakaway-tackle.co.uk/...away-tackle-and-memories-of-nigel-forrest.pdf

Norman and Nigel Forest lead their field in tackle development, others like Trident and all the copiers have followed that lead. I always buy direct from them as their products are original and best with QC that's way better than the tat cloners like Tronixpoo etc. They have a sister company in Breakaway USA. Buy the best and you're also buying British.

Thanks for the link RaM! I've started having a read of that - will finish it later.

Great read about the history of the company. Saved in my favourites. 👍👍

RIP Dave Brown. Sad news.:(

Ian.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back