• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Cornish Rod info!

Trampster

TSF Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hoping some of the Cornish lads might have some idea on this one! There is a job lot of 7 or 8 Rods for sale locally, and only one of interest to me which is a Normark spinning rod that caught my interest. Most of them are tatty, some split cane antiques, but there is also a black beachcaster with green whipping and handwriting on it, some of which I can't make out. It says "supplied by sports and leisure Co, St Just, Cornwall" and further down the blank it says "hand built by HX rods". I'm guessing a bit & could be wrong about the HX initials because it is right on the reflection of the gloss from the rod, and the photography is not good. Anybody know anything about a rodbuilder in Cornwall that might have produced something for this Sports & Leisure Co.? I couldn't find anything on Google, and I have just 'driven' around St Just on Google street view, but no info there either! More info might help decide if the whole bundle is worth the asking price. ??

Hoping some of the Cornish lads might have some idea on this one! There is a job lot of 7 or 8 Rods for sale locally, and only one of interest to me which is a Normark spinning rod that caught my interest. Most of them are tatty, some split cane antiques, but there is also a black beachcaster with green whipping and handwriting on it, some of which I can't make out. It says "supplied by sports and leisure Co, St Just, Cornwall" and further down the blank it says "hand built by HX rods". I'm guessing a bit & could be wrong about the HX initials because it is right on the reflection of the gloss from the rod, and the photography is not good. Anybody know anything about a rodbuilder in Cornwall that might have produced something for this Sports & Leisure Co.? I couldn't find anything on Google, and I have just 'driven' around St Just on Google street view, but no info there either! More info might help decide if the whole bundle is worth the asking price. ??
Dave aka @The Third Earl might know. He likes the old shite

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back