• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Cogden 20/9/24

Dexy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Had the day off so decided to go up to cogden & try for a plaice & hopefully a sole or 2.
Fished 11:00 to just before midnight.
Stiff NE breeze but was lovely tucked inside the shelter, rods cast long ( for me ) found the clay so hopes were high.
Baits coming back in nearly as good condition as they were sent out for 3 hours forced a change.
Spare light rod tackled up with a 2 hook pop up rig & fished 40 - 50 yards out picked up a mackerel , within 10 mins so blank avoided. Had 4 gurnard & a palm size plaice over the next couple of hours.
The long rods still not a sniff.
Change of rig on the close rod to a 4ft pulley baited with anchovy on a dongle was lobbed out in the hope of a bass , 10 mins later a few twitches on the rod tip got me excited , a few more taps & the rod pulled round.
A fair bit of weight with a couple of short runs had me thinking it was an eel until a undulate slid up the shingle, quick weigh went 10lb 5oz so a new pb for me, happy days & was cool to watch him swim off.
Had another small plaice on the close rod in the dark & a pout on 1 of the long rods.
Didn't get my sole but happy with the ray & made the drive up worth while.1000008884.jpg1000008885.jpg1000008876.jpg

Great report Dexy, nice Plaice and Undulate mate. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Great report and photos Dexy - very pretty PB Undulate. 🎣🎣👍👍

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back