• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

East Anglia Clacton Pier 18/08/24

concrete

Reaction score
I fished the evening flood tide on the pier with Chris and we had a mixed bag of fish. Chris had bass, a sole, a ray and a million pouting, whilst I had a flounder, a tub gurnard only a couple of thousand pouting and a couple of hounds, one small and the other over 7lbs. It was a bit of a battle with the weed, but we’re glad we persevered. I lost a bass which took me under the pier and shredded my line. It was on my very light rod which I had out for soles and I couldn’t do anything with it.

Attachments

• IMG_7336.jpeg
    IMG_7336.jpeg
    517.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7338.png
    IMG_7338.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7329.jpeg
    IMG_7329.jpeg
    486.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7320.jpeg
    IMG_7320.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7325.jpeg
    IMG_7325.jpeg
    442.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7323.jpeg
    IMG_7323.jpeg
    785.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7312.jpeg
    IMG_7312.jpeg
    594.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7314.jpeg
    IMG_7314.jpeg
    996.8 KB · Views: 23
Nice report Conc - good mix of species. Chris's Bass looked a good one, was he saving the seaweed for a side salad? 😁😁🎣🎣👍👍

Nice report Conc - good mix of species. Chris's Bass looked a good one, was he saving the seaweed for a side salad? 😁😁🎣🎣👍👍
Good photography, I doubt it made two and a half pounds. The weed was the result of two casts. Loads of people saying the weed had gone, but clearly they aren’t casting far enough.

I fished the evening flood tide on the pier with Chris and we had a mixed bag of fish. Chris had bass, a sole, a ray and a million pouting, whilst I had a flounder, a tub gurnard only a couple of thousand pouting and a couple of hounds, one small and the other over 7lbs. It was a bit of a battle with the weed, but we’re glad we persevered. I lost a bass which took me under the pier and shredded my line. It was on my very light rod which I had out for soles and I couldn’t do anything with it.
Sounds like a brilliant session. I'm going to Walton on the Naze next week, (week long holiday with grandkids), do you think their pier will fish just as well. Tight Lines.

Sounds like a brilliant session. I'm going to Walton on the Naze next week, (week long holiday with grandkids), do you think their pier will fish just as well. Tight Lines.
It has been fishing poorly, but there’s always a good chance of soles and bass on the beaches.

Good photography, I doubt it made two and a half pounds. The weed was the result of two casts. Loads of people saying the weed had gone, but clearly they aren’t casting far enough.
Weed on the beach at Holland the other night wasn't really a problem but I was only fishing 20,30 and 60 yds the rafts of weed are obviously lurking further offshore,plus you've got your lines cross tide which would exacerbate the problem,estimate on that lost bass?

Weed on the beach at Holland the other night wasn't really a problem but I was only fishing 20,30 and 60 yds the rafts of weed are obviously lurking further offshore,plus you've got your lines cross tide which would exacerbate the problem,estimate on that lost bass?
Probable similar size the Chris’ one. It was a really light rod that I was using. It was better casting directly uptide, but that’s where there’s a huge amount of snags.

Great report mate, nice mixed bag of fish too, lovely pics as well.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back