• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast chesil.3/10/24

geejayy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
trip 10. 3/10/24

chesil , abbotsbury i swore id never return but was going to meet friends.
late up so got there about 13.30.

baits; squid/cuttle/ blacklug/horsemackerel/ & ragworm that wasnt the greatest, good condition but more or less maddies, would be just the job for a flattie bash though.

sea had a slight swell rolling in from the south , wind was sse by feel of it

weather was dry n bright, though overcast by morning.

high tide was for about 6pm , spring , full dark/newmoon.

arrived, no phone signal, lost contact with m8's beach was feckin rammed with people , and carpark full. carpark machines have moved didnt see them and left but saw them on wayout . returned and parked in overspill carpark after noting gate open. right hand machine not taking cash but old machine on left did so all good. 2 hours later got a weird vague text telling me i had contavened a parking regulation somewhere and they will prosecute tomorrow with no specifics and a link, sounds like b/s so mugged that off into spam folder and ill wait for the summons.

20241003_134526[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

it was busy , spoke with mate in morning he had a mare of road closures, & bait shop didn't hold his bait order .

i walked left in several stages, the shingle gets no easier, nattering to a couple of anglers as i passed. one had had no bites for 2 hours, while the next had caught a bream. though invited into a gap by one guy i like plenty of space, and ended up pitching right at the teeth.

out went the baits and i waited, the tide came in and i waited some more. just odd nibbles and baits barely touched. eventually i got a positive bite to cuttle and banked a small tubbie gurnard, the only fish i saw in daylight.

20241003_184125[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

with darkness on hightide i was hopefull, i started to get a few bites , twisted rigs showed me eels were active and i managed a whiteing for the specie list among with pouting & dogfish . i caught up with a good slack line bite and felt some weight, i hoped and hoped for a reasonable codling but it faught like a deamon all the way in and i knew it was a strap, slightly better at 6lb 6oz & a lot easier to deal with than the usual boot laces

20241003_215326[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

well, i fished through till about 0530, and the bait was nearly gone, had a visit from a lame fox who was camera shy. and decided i aught to make tracks myself

Great report mate, nice mixed bag. Some nice pics too. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Another great report and photos Gordon. Well done. 🎣🎣👍👍

I had one of those parking infringement texts last Wednesday. Said it was a local council car park, but didn't say where, no mention of my registration or time, nor of which council. Scam I reckoned, so binned it, blocked the number, and reported it.

Thanks for the report - I will wait a couple more weeks until the 'cod fever' fades a bit and start my conngering down there. What people watching the vidoes do not realise is that a lot of the cod catches on the vids are coming from the langton/moonfleet area where people paddle across in boats and have a pretty deserted part of the beach and corresponding lager amounts of fish stocks to catch. They do not fish the public areas where the lead weight Bombardment resembles something from the Somme.... and angers are fishing virtually shoulder to shoulder.....

Thanks for the report - I will wait a couple more weeks until the 'cod fever' fades a bit and start my conngering down there. What people watching the vidoes do not realise is that a lot of the cod catches on the vids are coming from the langton/moonfleet area where people paddle across in boats and have a pretty deserted part of the beach and corresponding lager amounts of fish stocks to catch. They do not fish the public areas where the lead weight Bombardment resembles something from the Somme.... and angers are fishing virtually shoulder to shoulder.....
needs the weather to turn a bit bad, that keeps the fairweather anglers away but i am rapidly becoming one , was debating whether to get a new fishing suit , but with lack of sessions in the rain i dont know for sure if mine leaks or is still waterproof again

Another great report and photos Gordon. Well done. 🎣🎣👍👍

I had one of those parking infringement texts last Wednesday. Said it was a local council car park, but didn't say where, no mention of my registration or time, nor of which council. Scam I reckoned, so binned it, blocked the number, and reported it.
what puzzles me is - if it was down to location, how did they get the link between my location/carnumber/phone number. i never pay anything via phone contact. the only info entered on the machines was the reg of my car but this does not show on the text unless it is in the link which i am wary of . do the machines scan for phones ? i'm sure i left mine in the car as wouldn't have used it. i blocked number too.

noted bottom of righthand machine had been opened and taped up to get to batterybox which might be interesting

what puzzles me is - if it was down to location, how did they get the link between my location/carnumber/phone number. i never pay anything via phone contact. the only info entered on the machines was the reg of my car but this does not show on the text unless it is in the link which i am wary of . do the machines scan for phones ? i'm sure i left mine in the car as wouldn't have used it. i blocked number too.

noted bottom of righthand machine had been opened and taped up to get to batterybox which might be interesting
I dont think there was ever any parking infringement, car registration or link to your phone number.
They are just sending out random texts in the hope that it will scare a couple of folk into clicking the link. Seems to be the way with a lot of these scams. The number my text came from was 07749 039337.

Cracking report.
Well done on a nice eel👍

To quote you. "The shingle gets no easier". Never a truer word said! Reminds me l need to punish myself! Keep thinking about getting over there. Thanks for reporting.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back