• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Berkeley Gulp lures

Casker

TSF Supporter
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Ordered some of the subject lures from JimsOnline not actually knowing what the "Gulp" part meant. When I read the packages' health warning label (ref' the Gulp fluid they are marinated in) I decided to return them: I'm not about to be dealing with handling-hygiene while on a beach or wishing to use any fishing product requiring a chemicals health warning!

Absolutely no problem at Jims Bodmin store re their return/reimbursement (y). (An order "in exchange" was not required, but, in fairness, I've already ordered new other stuff from them.)

I'm now wondering what other forum members think about "Gulp" ? (Having looked up online, it is clearly not a simple fish-oil marinade)

Last edited:
I used them in the past, never bothered to read any warning.
interesting things artificial fishing baits, I remember buying several "bucket'o'bait" things in the past, as the name suggests a plastic bucket full of assorted artificials, I remember putting some in smaller tackle boxes & they melted the box or other lures, One lot left for several years in the garage turned in to a bucket of multi coloured gloop, while other baits can dry out.
Are the modern 'rubber'/jelly baits more stable?

Last edited:
I used them in the past, never bothered to read any warning.
interesting things artificial fishing baits, I remember buying several "bucket'o'bait" things in the past, as the name suggests a plastic bucket full of assorted artificials, I remember putting some in smaller tackle boxes & they melted the box or other lures, One lot left for several years in the garage turned in to a bucket of multi coloured gloop, while other baits can dry out.
Are the modern 'rubber' baits more stable?
Some are. Like Red Gills

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back