• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Beach trolley

andrew

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Recommendations for a beach trolley, occasional use on soft sand .....old age is catching up lol

The Mophorn one has got a steel platform, as has the cheapest Vevor in the pic next to it,
You also need to watch the wheel size as some Vevor only have 9"-10" wheels
The Vevor I bought recently all ally with 12" wheels was £76 delivered.

The Mophorn one has got a steel platform, as has the cheapest Vevor in the pic next to it,
You also need to watch the wheel size as some Vevor only have 9"-10" wheels
The Vevor I bought recently all ally with 12" wheels was £76 delivered.
I couldn't find an alu' Vevor (or other brand) for sale for that sort of money &, actually, I have been looking for solid wheels so no punctures a long-trek away from the car (maybe through narrow black-thorn lined trails !!).

I've bought the cheaper (@ £30) Vevor steel shopping-trolley style model with 10" solid wheels. Obviously it will benefit from some protective maintenance after any use by the sea and it will, nevertheless, rot over time - but heh ho !
Its 10" dia' / 4" wide wheels are quite OK over soft sand & it has a very sufficient advertised load capacity of 75 kg (165 lbs) - [Edit - not sure how it would fare if loaded to full capacity though.]
The wheels are secured with spring clips so can be removed easily making the packed-down volume/width/length of the trolley really quite small for almost any car-boot.

Last edited:
Have look on ebay, all different prices I got one 5 years ago unknown make,it's still going strong, it was about 40 quid

I don’t often need/use a trolley as I mostly lure fish. I bought a fairly cheap Bison one that has extendable axles and an extra pair of wheels. Adding the extra wheels makes it ride easily over soft sand and gravel, and it was a quarter of the price of those balloon tyre jobbies (which I would have at least considered for their lightness if I did mostly conventional beach fishing).

I don’t often need/use a trolley as I mostly lure fish. I bought a fairly cheap Bison one that has extendable axles and an extra pair of wheels. Adding the extra wheels makes it ride easily over soft sand and gravel, and it was a quarter of the price of those balloon tyre jobbies (which I would have at least considered for their lightness if I did mostly conventional beach fishing).
Ah - I didn't spot that one when I was searching: not sure I would have gone for the 4-wheel version, but, if heavily loaded for fishing or family day at the beach, having the option for extra wheels is a bonus for the extra £25. Good thinking Bison !!

I do quite like my Vevor (mentioned previously) for fairly light-weight loads as it has a fabric membrane "back" which better allows a variety of different items to be carried without wondering whether narrower/smaller stacked items can slip out the back. (Obviously ways around that with, say, multiple bungee straps, but I like the fabric back.)
I'm not convinced, however, that my Vevor's rear netted pocket will be particularly durable or what it might best be used for - stashing a landing-net maybe or bags of bait and/or perhaps a big "sharing" bag of crisps (sharing being optional) ??!

Last edited:
I just checked my purchase history, they are now £121.99 from the same seller :eek:
Not extortionate compared to some others (with really silly prices for probably the same stuff made in the same Chinese factory !), but that is, never the less, quite a price hike for your alu' Vevor. Lucky you with your £76 find/purchase.

Last edited:
Not extortionate compared to some others (with really silly prices for probably the same stuff made in the same Chinese factory !), but that is, never the less, quite a price hike for your alu' Vevor. Lucky you with your £76 find/purchase.
Interestingly I had put it in my 'watch list' at full price (£121) maybe 2 weeks before, was sent a 5% off offer which I ignored then when I next logged in it was there in the 'recently viewed' section at £76 which I immediately bought :cool:

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back