• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Another question ( sorry)

bozzie

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
If I want to use a lure for bass, what is the best way to cast a lightweight plastic or rubber lure out, do I still use a weight but just exchange the bait and hook for a lure?
Thanks again
Boz

If I want to use a lure for bass, what is the best way to cast a lightweight plastic or rubber lure out, do I still use a weight but just exchange the bait and hook for a lure?
Thanks again
Boz
Generally the lure is all you need, there is enough weight in it, especially if it’s a hard plastic.
Having said that there are soft lures that require weighted hooks and of course weighted jig heads with detachable bodies……….

Thanks again
Boz
You don't generally cast lures with beachcasters you use a lighter lure rod

Thanks, being fairly new to this, all these bits of information are helpful.
Boz
Ok well "beach casting" is generally throwing 4oz+ (125g+) of lead & a baited hook as far as you can, usually from a fixed point where you set up your rest & shelter if using one.
Bass fishing or other lure chucking is a completely different area of the sport, much lighter tackle, a spinning or plugging rod rated towards the size of lure maybe 20-40g, 40-60g, 60-80g etc, with a small fixed spool reel.
you might be mobile, with a bag of bits, stopping to fish a for a dozen casts with a couple of different lures then move on, or you might pick a fixed feature to fish out a tide.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back