• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast 12.9.24 milford

geejayy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
12.9.24 trip 8,

2330-0430 milford.

baits;- mackerel, blk lug, squid, mankrag.

rigs , dropdown scratchy rigs, short pennel, up n over.

tide was low water for about 11pm, small tide bright 1/2 moon set as i arrived.

arrived late after turning excusion into a visit mum trip en route , cars and camper vans all over the show at the cut bridge plus had missed the ebb , it was a very small tide not much over a meter range but i didnt want to walk up to find the flood unfishable.

went to fish a spot on milford front beach that i had not fished for a while, rag baits out first in close, as i had caught sole here in the past. but could only find micro pout , live baited one for a while.

no joy on the livebait or on anything else, was getting cold and bored, still very little tide run and minimal weed.

was shocked when finally a bite showed on one of the rods, found a little weight there and brought in a lil' strappy, hooked nice and cleanly with a circle hook.

DSCF3204 by gordon underwood, on Flickr

fished on but no more bites on the riseing tide, got cold and left to fight my knackered car back to wiltshire.

Ye no different tonight, fished west of the cafe, as the bank was busy when I got there and didn't want ta walk far, only small pout from an hour after high, but hay a nice evening good to be out.

Well done Gordon. Blank avoided. 🎣🎣👍👍

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back