• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Members who are regular contributors and have posted more than 25 times, will see no adverts.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast 11.9.24, cogden

geejayy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
trip 7.

11.9.24, cogden 0930- 1930

baits;- rag, squid, mackerel,black lug.

rigs;- upnopver , dropdwn, & a short fixed pennel.

high tide was about 11am , moon was 1st quarter.

weather dry , clear skys, blustery, wind was westerly swinging n/w.

sea;- swell was about 1.5m to start and choppy with the wind. sea was cloudy but not as bad as expected. very little weed. odd brit washing in on tide or out of the stones.

DSCF3199 by gordon underwood, on Flickr

fished just a little to the right for a change. scratchy rigs with size 2's to start but mixed in bigger rigs later , as it looked bassy & who knows what might be lurking.
1st fish was a blank busting tub gurnard which came within the first few casts and things felt hopefull.

DSCF3200 by gordon underwood, on Flickr

high tide came and went, the sun shone, the wind blew, various people came wandering along the beach and a couple of other anglers rocked up.
with the tide dropping , a double shot of tubbies graced my hooks , tying things up nearly as bad as bootlace eels, at least there was no slime

DSCF3201 by gordon underwood, on Flickr

Alittle later , on a large mackerel & squid bait the rod hooped over and slacklined, i was on it like a rocket, caught up quickly but could feel no fish , glanced down the beach to see a bloody gul staggering n jinking away on the breeze, i recon it was he.

managed another single tubby , but shortly afterwards looked over my shoulder to see a big nasty cloud coming over the hill at me and heavy rain obscureing west bay. all my waterproof kit was still in the car, so after a quick calculation i opted for pack up n go home over tough it out to fish into dusk in the rain. decided i didnt wand to stick around catching straps in the rain so did a super fast pack up.

the rain got me as i started up the hill, arrived at top of hill to see clear skys beyond. oh well, didnt want to catch strappies anyway. 10 hours was enough.

Another great report Gordon. Nice photos too. Well done! 🎣🎣👍👍

Great report Gordon, nice one mate.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Support Us

Support from our members means we don't need to plaster advertisements around the website! Keeping it clean and fresh! Maintaining a website such as this takes time and money, and your support helps to keep the lights on, provide new features for the website and, hopefully, make you feel warm and fuzzy!

Thank you for considering to help support our work.
Back